Minutes for September 28, 2017 LASDC meeting
Meeting convened @ 7:30
1) Treasurer absent this meeting; no report
2) Discussion of winter meet venue for next year. Between the two
front-running locations under consideration, Johnny Carson Park and Bob’s
consensus interest is tending toward Carson Park because it is a
beautiful parkland greensward, spacious and private to our purpose. To be
conclusively determined next meeting in October.
3) Pool of cars for sale remains the same.
4) Trailer maintenance effectively finished thanks to combined efforts of
several chapter members.
5) Proposal for an “inventory day” of club-owned car parts at Doug KIng’s
6) Special guest introduction—Paul McKeehan, former designer with Studebaker
Corp, South Bend, Indiana, now retired. Hired in nineteen fifty-nine, he
shared reflections on his career in the company design bullpen, insights
into the politics of the business culture including attitudes toward design
development. Project work included GT Hawks, military vehicles and
more.Showed photographs of his original work, never-before published or
manufactured; speculative visions of the future from the nineteen-sixties.
He spoke for nearly one hour and all agreed he possessed too much
to share in a single evening.
Paul promised to return to further reveal his fascinating, privileged
view perspective as senior styling design engineer.
As recording secretary I asked him to please consider the question to
discuss at his next visit with us, “What does the Studebaker brand mean?”
Meeting adjourned @ 8:45